A study out this week by Comscore identifies some key data regarding mobile phone usage in Canada. As media people, we are always looking at how media consumption is evolving so that we can adjust our future media plans accordingly to better communicate with consumers:
- 20,1 million Canadians(age 13+) use mobile devices
- 8 million Canadians own smartphones - approx 40% of total mobile phone market in Canada
Who has the highest Smart phone market share?
- RIM with 36% market share (Blackberry)
- Apple with 30% share
- Google Android with 25% share (but has doubled in last 6 months) – watch this space.
What do Canadians use phones for (apart from phoning?)
- Downloading apps
- Accessing news and information
- Using browser
- Accessing social media sites
- Playing games
- Accessing weather info
- Listening to music
For the full publicly available Comscore report about Canadian Mobile phone usage, click on the image above .