Irish Spring 1977
As a marketing man, I can appreciate Irish Spring using the bad guy (Mr Miagi’s nemesis) from the original Karate Kid movie to demonstrate their brand attributes of :
- Manliness (by showing Irish men arm wrestling & writing the words manly deodorant soap on the packet) &
- Double level deodorant (let’s cut open the soap and show the two colours.)
All that being said, it is a truly crap 70s ad.
The Hair Man 1978
Er..Don’t know where to start……Just watch it and enjoy the following:
- The top camera transition from left to right – seamless to the TV viewer!
- The entry mid-way into the TV spot of the actor applying the ridiculously fitting hairpiece like a hat
- The Hair Man logo in the final frame – what the hell is that. Appears to be a deformed animal on a ski lift
The people of Hobbs, New Mexico should be proud.